Friday, March 30, 2012

My Cricut story

I am sharing my first Cricut experience for the challenge over at My Cricut Craft Room.

It all started with an infomercial. When my daughter was around 3 or 4 she would come into my bedroom Saturday mornings, turn on the TV and watch infomercials while I told her “please give mommy a few more minutes”. She would basically memorize these commercials and tell us why we needed these products. Of all the commercials that she watched the only two that really stuck with her were the Bullet (that blender thing) and the Cricut. I really couldn’t justify spending that much on a machine that I didn’t think I would really use. Let’s fast forward 10 years or so….My BFF Jessica’s lovely hubby bought her a Cricut for Christmas a year ago. We were over at her house checking it out and I was IN LOVE! I even remember the first thing that I made. It was a little pink pig (my daughter shows sheep and pigs in 4H). I have been green with envy ever since. Now a few months ago, when Jessica held my hand and showed me the magical world of paper crafting, I was even more determined to purchase one of these delightful machines. This is where my dear hubby comes into play. He would listen to me rave about the Cricut every time I came home from my BFF’s house. I would show him the amazing projects I could make with it. So last Valentines Day he called my BFF and got all the info he needed to buy my Cricut! They both did a really great job of hiding it from me. Not only did he get me my Cricut he bought me a few cartridges (yes I have an amazing hubby). Now my daughter and I both use it almost daily. Besides from all the amazing things it will do, it has brought my 15 year old and I together. You know how hard it is to please a 15 year old girl, but she loves making cards. So there is my Cricut story. Hope you enjoyed reading it.

Hugs!!
Teresa

2 comments:

  1. I can completely relate to your story. My 16 year old daughter and I are closer because of Cricut as well. It isn't cool to hang out with Mom, but when we are crafting it is a bit different.

    ReplyDelete